The field-proven Rugged Systems™ UPS line is ideally suited for, industrial, computer, and telecommunications applications requiring high reliability, rugged construction, compact size and lightweight design. These units are equally suited for use in shipboard, airborne, vehicular, field deployed, or fixed locations with controlled or uncontrolled environments. The ETI0001-1473 was specifically designed to meet stringent requirements. The ETI0001-1473 does not require a separate PDU since the PDU functions are already integrated into the UPS module. This saves rack space, cabling, and expense while improving overall reliability. It delivers up to 2000 VA of clean, uninterruptible power. The rounded metal corners and rugged handles, both front and rear, aid in safe handling. Internally, all major components are well secured and electrically insulated to prevent damage due to shock and vibration in any axis.
Though it can use domestic VAC The optional auto-ranging 85-270 VACCONUS OCONUS)internal input transformer. he input circuit breaker and the galvanic isolation transformer provide a double pole isolated source for overseas locations where phase references and grounding are not consistent.
Special EMI/RFI filters and input power factor correction minimize both input current and harmonics.
The Elapsed Time Indicator records the number of operational hours for records and scheduling preventative maintenance of attached equipment. The front and rear panels also provide easy access to both the AC Input and Battery Input fuses. Coupled with the adjacent spare fuses, MTTR is reduced to less than 15 minutes.
The internal intelligent thermal sensors provide two-stage monitoring of unit temperatures, with both local and remote capability of thermal shutdown. can be engaged via the front panel control, via a remote contact input or via a software command. When in , an audible alarm is sounded and an indicator is lit. The high-intensity audible alarm can be heard in high noise environments and includes an audible enable/disable switch.
- All controls and protective devices are brought to the front and rear panels with critical switches or breakers guarded. Further, all front panel devices are recessed to prevent damage or accidental operation. The internal intelligent PDU allows control of the individual output circuits incorporating thermal and interlock interfaces for additional control and safety. push/pull circuit breakers provide both circuit protection and manual controls. Both the input and load circuit breakers are shock-rated to over 100 Gs. The display and control panel can be mounted remotely in the rack at eye level, or on the keyboard console, or on the unit front panel with only a logic level cable connection.
The rear panel provides locking connectors for the input and output power with various optional configurations available. This unit draws air through the front air filter and exhausts out the rear vent into the rack. This allows the unit to be used in either negative or neutral pressure racks. The fan is a special extra quiet version to keep the unit’s overall audible level below 44 dB.
The Status connector provides an interface with optional computer software providing loss of AC and low battery status as well as remote shut down capability PDU Remote Control connector provide an interface to optional remote display/control panels. The RJ45 LAN port provides an SNMP/HTTP interface for various UPS parameters.
The batteries are maintenance-free with immobilized electrolyte and are constructed of flame retardant materials. For more information, see the Battery Technology section. See the Power Distribution Units section for a listing of stand-alone PDUs. See the N3 Series for a version of UPS without the integrated PDU and remote control.
In addition to the original ETI0001-1473 there is also available in this series:
- ETI0001-1473AA, 2000 VA, with integrated Power Conditioner and PDU, 665031 · Product Details | POWER LINE CONDITIONER · Demand History | NSN 6110-01-535-
- ETI0001-1473AD: ETI00011473AD, 6130-01-643-8805, Power Supply, Uninterruptible, ETI0001-N5(0XBF7), ups, rack mounted, NSN 6130-01-434-3701
- ETI0001-1473AF: Raytheon / FAA WAAS Rugged COTS Product Direct Replacement for 120 VAC PDT NPM-2000, P/N 199-00005-01 Ultra Quiet 2000 VA Rack Mount
- ETI0001-1473A 2.0 kVA 208 VAC Rugged Rackmount COTS WAAS UPS with Internal Intelligent PDU
- ETI0001-1473B 2.0 kVA 208 VAC Rugged Rackmount COTS WAAS UPS with Internal Intelligent PDU
- See the Power Distribution Units section for a listing of stand alone PDUs
Overall, the Outdoor Rugged Power line is uniquely qualified for critical shipboard, vehicle, airborne or land based systems combining advanced modular design features with highly reliable construction.