- True sinewave output (THD < 3%)
- Power On-Off Remote Control
- Input & Output fully isolated
- Load control cooling fan
- Advanced microprocessor
- Built-in transfer switch & AC circuit breaker
- ROF (Remote Override Function) or ignition lockout function option
- Speed up transfer time & synchronized operation with utility AC source
- Input polarity reverse/ under voltage/ over voltage protections
- Output short circuit/ overload/ over temperature protections
- Tri-color indicators display input, output level & failure status
- e-13/ CE /FCC approved
- Optional 220 VAC
This field-proven Series of Tactical Inverter® is supplied as a System incorporating numerous safety and operational advantages over other Inverter products sold into this market. When the case is closed, all of the equipment is protected from the elements. Optional permanent mounting brackets are available for fixed installations.
Setup of the Tactical Inverter System is a ‘no tools’ operation. The unit has been designed for rapid setup and tears down using quick-connect cable terminations. For example to connect to DC power on an HMMWV, Stryker, Abrams or another military vehicle with a NATO Slave connector, simply open the cover of the system case, plug the NATO Slave plug end of the cable into the vehicle’s NATO connector and then plug the other end into the corresponding DC Input connector on the Tactical Inverter System. This can be done with an existing NATO Slave cable that some of these vehicles carry, or it can be done with a cable supplied from ETI. In either case, DC set up or tear down is a 2-minute or less operation.
The Inverter draws power from a 12, 24, or 48 VDC source (depending on Tactical Inverter model – see Technical Specifications section) and delivers a Computer-Grade true sine wave AC output voltage that is equal to or better than the voltage supplied by your local utility. When the DC voltage is within the operating range of the unit, the Inverter will continue to deliver AC power to the loads connected. If the DC voltage falls out of the specified range of operation, a Low or High DC Shutdown will occur respectively. This feature also protects any battery source from being discharged too low.